Connect me to:
Steak with Enokii Mushrooms
|Steak with Enokii Mushrooms|
12 ounces New York steak, sliced one-quarter-inch thick, and cut into pieces about three by five inches
8 ounces fresh enoki mushrooms
1 red onion, thin sliced
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup beef stock
1 Tablespoon red cooking wine
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon chicken broth powder
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with one teaspoon cold water
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. Roll one ounce of the mushrooms with one piece of the steak. Repeat making eight rolls.
2. In a wok or fry pan, cook the onion and the butter until quite soft; then remove and put this in a pile in the center of a flat serving plate.
3. In the same wok or pan, brown the steak rolls on medium heat on all sides.
4. Mix stock, wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce, chicken powder, and the sugar and pour over the steak rolls. Let this simmer about half minute, then put them in a circle on top of and around the onions.
5. Mix the cornstarch and water, bring to the boil, and pour over the steak rolls.
6. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on this, and serve.