Connect me to:
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
5 ounces rice noodles
3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided in teaspoon amounts
8 whole chili peppers
3 ounces pork loin, cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 and 1/2 ounces Yunnan ham (or use a Smithfield or Serrano ham) cut into strips
2 scallions, cut into two- to three-inch pieces
1/4 cup sliced cabbage, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems discarded, and cut into strips
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Soak Vermicelli in very hot water for one hour.
2. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add noodles, boil them for one minute, then drain and rinse under warm water for one minute before draining them well.
2. Mix noodles with one teaspoon of the vegetable oil.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan over high heat, then add the rest of the vegetable oil, then add the chili peppers and the pork, and stir-fry until the pork is almost done.
4. Add the garlic, ham, scallion pieces, cabbage and mushrooms, and stir-fry for ten ot fifteen seconds before adding the drained noodles, salt, soy and oyster sauces, sugar and sesame oil. Stir-fry until all ingredients are mixed well. Then serve.