Connect me to:
Quail, Asian Pear, and Cashews
|Quail, Asian Pear, and Cashews|
2 quail, boned, the skin (optional) and meat shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Asian pear
1 teaspoon lemon juice mixed with one teaspoon orange or tangerine juice
1/4 red pepper, seeded and shredded
1/4 green pepper, seeded and shredded
2 Tablespoons cashew nut halves
1 scallion, slivered
2 slices fresh ginger, peeled and slivered
2 Tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
1. Mix shredded quail meat and skin with salt and cornstarch, and set aside for fifteen minutes.
2. Peel and shred pear, and mix with the juices selected.
3. Heat wok, add peppers, and stir fry for one minute, then add quail meat and continue to stir fry for another two minutes.
4. Next add cashew nuts and the scallion and ginger slivers, and stir-fry another minute.
5. Mix cornstarch or potato starch with one tablespoon cold water, stir well, pour into the wok and boil and stir for one minute until thick, then serve.