Connect me to:
New Year Sesame Dumplings
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|New Year Sesame Dumplings|
1/2 cup black sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon shelled raw peanuts, skins removed
2 Tablespoons walnut pieces, soaked in boiling water for ten minutes, skins rubbed off
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup lard
2/3 cup glutinous rice flour
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
3 ounces pearl sago. Soaked in warm water for ten minutes, then drained, reserving the water
1. Grind sesame seeds, and set aside.
2. Heat oil and fry peanuts, drain them then fry the walnut pieces in same oil, and drain them.
3. Grind peanuts and walnuts, mix with sesame seeds, and mix in the sugar and the lard; then make ten balls of the nut mixture and set them aside on a flat plate.
4. Mix rice and wheat flours,, add one-quarter cup of water and make into a ball of dough. Divide into ten pieces, and roll each one into a two-inch circle.
5. Put one batch of nut mixture on one dough circle, and wrap pinching the dough around the nut mixture; roll into a nicely-shaped ball; and repeat until all ten balls are made. Roll each of them into the sago and using a little of the remaining oil, put them on an oiled plate, about one inch apart from each other.
6. Steam over boiling water for six minutes, and remove from the steamer into a bowl of boiling reserved water with added sugar, if desired. Then serve.