Connect me to:
Arbutus and Silk Squash
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Arbutus and Silk Squash|
1/2 cup frozen arbutus
1 silk squash, peeled and angle cut into two-inch sections
10 large shrimp, peeled, their veins removed, cut in half the long way
5 medium black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed, and each cut in quarters
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, peeled and slivered
1 slice fresh ginger, slivered
1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Mash yang mei and set aside in a strainer basket over a small bowl.
2. Mix silk squash, shrimp, and mushrooms.
3. Heat wok or fry pan, add oil, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry for one minute. Remove garlic and ginger, and discard them.
4. Stir-fry the mixed vegetables and shrimp for two minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink. Remove them to a bowl.
5. Put oyster sauce into the wok, and heat to the boil. Mix cornstarch and the yang mei fruit, and add this to the wok with the set aside vegetables and shrimp. Allow to boil for one minute, put into a bowl, and serve.