Connect me to:
Crispy Puffs in Maltose Syrup
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Crispy Puffs in Maltose Syrup|
6 Tablespoons cake flour
1 medium egg
1 Tablespoon and one teaspoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon and one teaspoon confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oil for deep frying
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup and two tablespoons maltose syrup
1. Mix flour, egg, the tablespoon and the teaspoon of vegetable oil, confectioners sugar, and baking powder. Then knead into a dough and continue to knead for twenty minutes.
2. Cut the dough into short thin strips, and set aside.
3. Heat oil and deep fry the dough strips until they are light and puffy. The drain on paper towels. When cool, press them into a wooden or metal mold.
4. Make syrup of one tablespoon and one teaspoon of water and the granulated sugar. Bring to the boil, add the maltose, and return this to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour this over the pressed dough strips.
5. As soon as it sets, cut into twelve rectangles and remove them from the mold onto a serving plate.