Connect me to:
Stir-fried Chicken in Tomato Sauce
|Stir-fried Chicken in Tomato Sauce|
2 chicken breasts (about one pound)
1/2 Tablespoon cooking sherry
1 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, each one cut into four pieces
1/4 cup celery
1/4 cup carrots
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons catsup
1/2 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with three tablespoons cold water
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 scallion, cut on an angle into one-inch pieces
1. Debone chicken, and discard the skin. Cut the breast meat into half-inch cubes.
2. To chicken, add sherry, the tablespoon of soy sauce, and the cornstarch, Mix well and let marinate ten minutes, then using a slotted spoon, remove from the marinade; set both aside separately.
3. Cut mushrooms, celery, and carrots on the diagonal into one-inch pieces.
4. Heat wok or fry pan, add oil, and fry the chicken until almost cooked, remove from the oil and set the chicken aside.
5. Remove all but two tablespoons of oil from the wok or pan, and stir-fry the mushrooms, celery, and carrots for two minutes. Then add catsup, sugar, and the half tablespoon of soy sauce and the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened before returning chicken to the pan and cook another minute, then serve.