Connect me to:
Black Rice Dumplings
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Black Rice Dumplings|
1/2 pound glutinous black rice
1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock
3 slated duck eggs
1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
1 Tablespoon minced purple laver (a seaweed sheet)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Prepare black rice as above using the chicken stock instead of water.
2. Steam or simmer the salted duck eggs for twelve minutes, cool slightly, then discard the shells and mince the eggs.
3. Mix minced laver, sugar, and the soy sauce, and set aside. Then mix rice, minced salted eggs, and the sesame seeds, and shape this rice mixture into twenty round balls.
4. Brush oil on a baking sheet, and put the black rice balls on it separating them by one-inch on all sides. Make a hole in each rice ball, and pour about one-quarter teaspoon of the laver, sugar, and soy sauce mixture into every one of them.
5. Bake in a 400 degree F preheated oven for eight minutes, then serve.