Connect me to:
Beef, Sweet Potatoes, and Corn
|Beef, Sweet Potatoes, and Corn|
1/2 pound beef, flank or loin, diced in half-inch cubes
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 bamboo shoot, cut in half-inch pieces
1/2 cup cubed sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in half-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2 small chili peppers, seeded and minced
1/2 cup corn kernels
3 stalks Chinese celery, cut in half-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic or another hot bean paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon Chinese red vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan pepper, crushed
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Mix beef cubes, soy sauce, and cornstarch, and let rest half an hour.
2. Bring two cups water to the boil, add bamboo shoot and sweet potato cubes, and simmer for fifteen minutes, then drain, discard the cooking water, and set this aside.
3. Heat wok or large fry pan, add garlic and chili peppers and stir fry for half a minute, then return the beef and stir-fry one minute before adding the cooked bamboo shoot and sweet potatoes, the corn, and the celery pieces. Stir- fry this for just two minutes.
4. Add rice wine, chili paste, sugar and the vinegar, and stir-fry for one minute.
5. Put the above into a deep bowl, pour sesame oil on top, and gently give it one stir, then serve.