Connect me to:
Clams, Pork, and Salted Duck Eggs
Fish and Seafood
|Clams, Pork, and Salted Duck Eggs|
12 large clams, soaked in cold water for one hour with one teaspoon coarse salt
6 large shrimp, peeled and coarsely minced
1/2 cup hand chopped pork
3 fresh or canned water chestnuts, coarsely minced
3 uncooked salted egg yolks, separated
1 scallion, minced
2 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1. Put clams in boiling water to cover them, and as soon as they open, remove them to a bowl; and reserve their shells.
2. Chop clams and reserve any liquid in their shells.
3. Mix shrimp, pork, water chestnuts, two egg yolks, scallion, rice wine, ground white pepper, and soy sauce and add to the minced clams.
4. Put about two tablespoons clam mixture in a clam shell, and smooth the surface. Repeat until all of the clam mixture has been used. Then put the stuffed clams on a heat-proof plate. Put a small amount of the third salted egg yolk on the center of each stuffed clam.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for four minutes or steam covered and over boiling water for six minutes. Then serve.