Connect me to:
Hairy Melon with Pork
|Hairy Melon with Pork|
1 pound hairy melon, peeled and cut angle-shaped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 pound fatty pound pork, minced
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
6 slices fresh ginger, peeled and slivered
1 conpoy (dried scallop) soaked for an hour, then shredded
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon chili paste
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with same amount of cold water
1. Toss the hairy melon cubes with the vegetable oil.
2. Heat a wok or large fry pan, add the pieces of hairy melon and toss until they brown on the edges, about three minutes, then remove to a plate.
3. Mix pork, soy and oyster sauces, and the sugar and let rest about fifteen minutes.
4. Reheat the wok or fry pan, and add the pork mixture stir-frying it. Add the ginger, scallop shreds and the rice wine, and continue to stir-fry for another minute or two before returning the hairy melon pieces to the wok.
5. When the contents in the wok or fry pan are very hot, add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Serve.