Connect me to:
Duck with Young Ginger
|Duck with Young Ginger|
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons vegetable rendered duck fat
1/4 pound young ginger
10 Tablespoons salted lemon paste
2 teaspoons grated garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 slices fresh ginger
1 large piece tangerine peel, soaked until soft
2 red chilies, cut in half, seeds removed and discarded
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1. Brush duck inside and out with soy sauce and set aside for half an hour.
2. Heat duck fat, and add young ginger and stir for one minute, turn off the heat and add the salted lemon paste and the grated garlic, and put this mixture inside the cavity of the duck. Close with a skewer.
3. Heat oil in a deep pot, add ginger slices tangerine peel, and the red chilies and stir-fry for one minute, then add four cups of water, stir, and put in the duck, cover, and simmer for forty minutes.
4. Remove and set aside the items in the duck, and return it to simmer until tender (about half an hour, then remove from the pot and cool. When cool, cut the duck into serving-size pieces and arrange them on a platter.
5. Put the reserved items and liquid into a pot, add any remaining sauce from the pot, add the sesame oil, and bring to the boil.
6. Mix cornstarch with two teaspoons cold water, stir this into the boiling sauce, and when thickened, pour over the duck, and serve.