Connect me to:
Soups and Congees
1 Tablespoon sherry
1 slice fresh ginger, minced
3 sheets purple laver, cut into half-inch slivers with a kitchen shears
1 and one-half cups soup stock
2 scallions, sliced
1. Mix sherry and ginger and set aside.
2. Mix egg and two tablespoons water; beat lightly.
3. Heat soup stock to the boil; add seaweed and stir, then immediately add the sherry and ginger mixture, and stir well.
4. Bring to boil again, then slowly pour in egg and water mixture, stirring, and remove from the heat.
5. Pour into a soup tureen and garnish with the scallions, and serve.