Connect me to:
Jade Rice Noodle Wraps
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Jade Rice Noodle Wraps|
2 flat rice noodle sheets, fresh preferred
8 ounces broccoli. cut into flowerettes
4 ounces asparagus, julliened
3 canned bamboo shoots, jullienned
8 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked and sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon of light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon hoisin sauce
1/4 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon oil, to oil the plate used for steaming
1. If not fresh, steam the rice-noodle sheets just until soft (about a minute or two).
2. Steam broccoli until bright green and starting to soften, then arrange as the outer circle on a plate.
3. Parboil asparagus, bamboo shoots and mushrooms together for a minute and rinse under cold water to cool; then drain and mix with the rest of the ingredients then divide into eight portions.
4. Cut each rice noodle sheet into four sheets. Place one portion of the filling on the noodle and roll it into cylinder. Repeat the process until all are rolled. Put them on an oiled plate Steam for 6 minutes.
5. Arrange the rolls in the center of the broccoli and serve.