Connect me to:
Salads, Pickles, and Other Cold Foods
1 carrot, peeled and cut into two-inch lengths, then into thin strips
1 large daikon or large white radish, peeled and cut into two-inch squares, then into thin strips
1 Tablespoon coarse salt
2 Tablespoons cloud ear mushrooms, soaked in warm water for twenty minutes, then drained and cut into slivers
1 packet (one ounce) cellophane noodles, soaked in warm water for half an hour, drained, then cut into four-inch pieces
2 stalks celery, cut into two-inch pieces then thin strips
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup thin soy sauce
1/4 cup white Chinese rice vinegar
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1. Mix carrot and daikon pieces with salt and set aside for half an hour, then drain and rinse with cold water, and drain again.
2. Bring water to boil and simmer cloud ear mushrooms for ten minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Bring fresh water to boil, add cellophane noodles and simmer for tem minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Blanch celery for half minute, drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
5. Mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar. Sesame oil, and dry mustard stirring until mustard is thoroughly dissolved, then add all vegetables, mushrooms, and cellophane noodles, stir well and serve.