Connect me to:
Stir-fried Beef Tongue
|Stir-fried Beef Tongue|
9 and 1/2 ounces beef tongue (the rear section and not the tip, preferred)
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons beaten egg
1/2 Tablespoon potato starch
1/2 Tablespoon cake flour
1 cup soybean oil
1 teaspoon scallion oil
1/4 teaspoon minced scallion
1/4 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon Shaoxing rice wine
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon chicken stock
1 Tablespoon citrus zest, cut in fine strips
1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and cut in fine strips
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cover and cook tongue in boiling water for thirty minutes, then remove and shock it in cold water and peel its exterior membrane, then cut tongue into one-quarter by one-quarter by two-inch strips.
2. Coat tongue with mixture of salt and pepper, beaten egg, potato starch, and cake flour.
3. In a wok, heat soybean oil to 360 degrees F and deep-fry tongue strips separating the pieces until it is cooked about seventy percent through, then drain on paper towels.
4. Remove all oil from the wok, add scallion oil and keeping heat low, add scallion, ginger, and garlic until fragrant; then turn heat up and add the tongue, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, and soup–in that order.
5. Add the citrus zest and chili pepper strips, and finally the sesame oil, and remove to a serving plate.