Connect me to:
Tofu Crepe Wraps
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Tofu Crepe Wraps|
10 ounces all purpose flour
1 ounce Shiitake mushrooms
3 sheets beancurd skin
1 cup hot water
5 Tablespoons minced scallions
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon. sugar
3 cups water
2 Tablespoons sweet bean paste
2 teaspoons sugar
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water until soft, discard the stems and thinly slice. Reserve the mushroom water for later use.
2. Heat a wok, then add a Tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry the mushrooms until fragrant, add half cup of the mushroom water, the soy sauce and the sugar and cook until the sauce is completely evaporated. Remove and divide into three portions.
3. Mix flour with an equal amount of hot water and knead into a smooth dough. Divide the dough into three equal portions. Press each portion flat and brush on a layer of sesame oil. Press two dough portions together gently and roll into a four-inch diameter thin crepe. Fry the crepe on both sides in a dry pan over low heat until light brown. Remove from the pan and separate into two crepes. Repeat until all crepes are made.
4. Cut beancurd sheets in half. Spread a sheet of beancurd skin and arrange a portion of shredded black mushrooms into a strip a little shorter then beancurd skin. Fold the bean curd skin over and seal the opening with warm flour-water. Repeat until each beancurd sheet is rolled.
5. Heat a wok, add two tablespoons of oil. Fry the rolls until golden and crispy on all sides. Remove and cut into seven pieces.
6. Put a mushroom roll on a crepe, sprinkle on minced green onion, roll and serve.