Connect me to:
Chicken Soup with Ginger, Wolfberries, Rice Wine,
Soups and Congees
|Chicken Soup with Ginger, Wolfberries, Rice Wine, |
1 pound chicken thigh meat
1 Tablespoon wolfberries (also called goji berries)
1/4 cup black sesame oil
2 ounces peeled fresh ginger, old and woody
20 ounces Chinese rice wine
a pinch of salt
½ Tablespoon sugar
1. Cut chicken into one-quarter inch cubes
2. Soak wolfberries in water to soften, then drain and discard the water.
3. Heat wok or pot, add sesame oil and then stir-fry the ginger until slightly dry and fragrant before adding the chicken and stir-frying it until almost cooked through.
4. Pour in half the rice wine and bring to the boil. Be careful as it is very flammable; then add the drained wolfberries, reduce the heat to medium, and add the rest of the wine.
5. Simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is fully cooked. Add salt and sugar, and serve.