Connect me to:
Creamy Simmered Broccoli Stems
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Creamy Simmered Broccoli Stems|
4 broccoli stems, thick exteriors peeled off and discarded
4 crab legs, boiled, shells discarded, and each cut into two-inch pieces
1 piece swordfish, about three ounces, cut into thick pieces
2 scallops, each cut in half
4 shrimp, shelled, veins removed
2 ounces cuttlefish, make shallow angle-cuts on surface, then cut in thin slices
1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, mixed then divided into half
1 and 1/4 Tablespoons potato starch
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small wood ear mushroom, soaked and slivered
1/2 scallion or leek, cut into one-half-inch pieces
2 thin slices fresh ginger, slivered
1 cup chicken or another soup stock
1 Tablespoon sake
dash of sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with same amount of cold water
1. Cut broccoli in half, then into half-inch pieces.
2. Mix all foods of the sea with half the salt/pepper mixture, then add in potato starch and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a wok or fry pan and stir-fry the broccoli for one minute, then remove them from the oil.
4. Add all sea foods to the oil, and stir-fry the scallion or leek pieces and the ginger, and stir-fry for one minute before adding soup stock, mushrooms, and the other half of the salt and pepper mixture.
5. Add the well-mixed cornstarch paste, stir until it thickens, then pour into individual bowls or a large soup tureen, and serve.