Connect me to:
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Ingredients for lamb filling:|
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup diced lamb
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 scallion, top only, minced
Preparation of the lamb filling:
1. Heat wok or fry pan, add vegetable oil, and when it is hot, add the lamb and stir-fry until no longer pink, then remove from the pan.
2. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallion, and mix well. Allow to cool, divide into ten parts and use as stuffing for the dough, below.
Ingredients for the dough:
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon dry yeast
1 Tablespoon melted lamb fat
2 Tablespoons additional flour
Preparation for the dough and the meat buns:
1. Mix flour, salt, and sugar, and then add three-quarters of a cup of warm water and the yeast. Mix all of these into the flour mixture and knead in a bowl for one minute, then on a board sprinkled with the additional flour, until smooth.
2. Cover with a dish towel and allow to rest for an hour; it will almost double in size.
3. Divide into ten parts, and pat each one into a big circle filling it with the above lamb filling. Put the ten meat buns on a lightly oiled plate or a steamer basket covered with parchment paper that has many holes punched in it. Steam for twenty minutes, and serve.