Connect me to:
Shrimp in Egg
Fish and Seafood
|Shrimp in Egg|
1/2 pound small shrimp, peel and veins removed
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon Chinese green tea leaves
1 Tablespoon agar agar or a commercial gelatin powder
1 scallion, minced
2 slices ginger, minced
1 tomato, exterior cut into one-quarter-inch cubes
30 very small frozen peas
2 cups small beans for supporting the eggs
1. Dice the shrimp into one-quarter-inch pieces and simmer for one minute, then drain, and set them aside.
2. Boil the chicken broth with the tea leaves for five minutes, then remove and discard the tea leaves.
3. Mix agar agar or gelatin in cold water, let sit for five minutes until thickened, then add to the chicken broth and set aside.
4. Remove a small amount of peel (about one-quarter inch circle) from the large end of the egg. Make a pin hole in the other end, and blow out the egg from each one, and refrigerate these for another use, standing each one on the large end to be sure it drains well. Then pour one cup of boiling water into each egg and then drain it out.
5. Put the beans in a soup bowl, then stand the eggs up in then large whole up. Add five pieces of scallion, shrimp, tomato, and peas into each large opening in each egg. Make a paper funnel or use a small one and fill with the cooled chicken stock mixture. Allow these to stand and cool in the refrigerator.
6. Before serving, carefully roll then peel each egg, place the solidified egg mixture in a lovely bowl, and serve.