Connect me to:
Ants Climbing Trees II
|Ants Climbing Trees II|
1/2 pound ground pork
4 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 ounces bean threads
4 medium dried Chinese black mushrooms
2 Tablespoons canola oil
3 slices fresh ginger, peeled or not, your choice
3 scallions, white part cut in half, and cut into one-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup fresh coriander
1. In medium bowl, mix pork with soy sauce, wine, sugar, and cornstarch.
2. Soak bean threads in hot, but not boiling water, until they are soft, then carefully drain them and cut into shorter lengths. Soak the mushrooms in hot water for fifteen minutes, drain, and reserve two tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Squeeze mushrooms dry, and cut away and discard the stems before shredding the caps.
3. Heat wok then add the oil and then the ginger and stir a few seconds before adding the pork mixture and the chili sauce. Stir this about two minutes until the pork breaks up.
4. Add mushrooms and scallions, and stir constantly until the pork is thoroughly cooked, then add reserved liquid and the noodles and stir about two minutes then remove to a serving dish.
5. Drizzle with sesame oil, stir once or twice, sprinkle with the cilantro leaves, and serve.