Connect me to:
Breaded Scallop Skewers with Black Bean Sauce
Fish and Seafood
|Breaded Scallop Skewers with Black Bean Sauce|
4 wood skewers
16 large scallops
2 Tablespoons milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons black bean sauce
1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Thread four scallops on each skewer.
2. In a shallow dish, whisk together egg and milk. Season scallops with salt and pepper, roll them in flour, then in egg mixture, and finally in bread crumbs, ensuring the scallops are well-covered, then shake off excess bread crumbs.
3. In a small saucepan, make a auce combining chicken stock, black bean sauce, and the ginger. Bring to the boil, add cornstarch mixture and stir until it begins to thicken. Set aside until the scallops are ready.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat butter and oil over high heat until the butter begins to foam. Add skewers and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook until scallops are golden brown, about three minutes per side.
5. Pour warm sauce on a plate and lay the skewers on top. Serve immediately.