Connect me to:
Yin-Yang Duo by Chefs Denny and Jack of New Yen Ch
Fish and Seafood
|Yin-Yang Duo by Chefs Denny and Jack of New Yen Ch|
|Ingredients for the salad:|
2 dried mung bean sheets (about ounce and a half), soaked in hot water for half an hour, then cut into one-inch wide strips
1 medium size carrot, peeled and shredded
1/2 pound spinach, blanched and cut into two-inch sections
1 egg, beaten, fried into a thin sheet, cooled, then finely shredded
8 large shrimp, shells and veins removed and discarded, then cooked
2 squid, cleaned, cooked and cut into thin strips
2 pieces imitation crab legs, shredded
8 dried Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed, then simmered and cut into thin strips
Chef Ju Kin Fo's Salad Dressing ingredients:
2 ounces Chinese mustard powder
2 ounces cold water
2 ounces white vinegar
1 ounce soy sauce
4 ounces sugar
1. Put Chinese mustard powder in a bowl, add water and mix into a smooth paste.
2.Then add other ingredients and stir well.
Ingredients for the stir-fry:
4 ounces pork, cut into thin strips
2 scallions, cut into 2-inch sections
1/2 onion, finely sliced
2 ounces shredded carrot
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Ingredients for the sauce:
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Dash ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
Final preparation for the salad:
1. Arrange cut mung bean sheets in the middle of a big platter, covering about three quarters of the bottom.
2. Divide the cold ingredients into four parts, and the outer quarter of the platter into four sections, arranging carrot, spinach, egg shreds, prawn, squid, crabmeat, and sea cucumber (or black mushroom) into a nice pattern. Repeat the pattern for all four sections. Then, mix the salad dressing well and drizzle over the entire salad, including the mung bean sheet area.
Final preparation for the stir-fry:
1. Mix ingredients for the sauce, and set aside.
2. Heat wok, add oil then the scallions, onions, carrots, and pork and stir-fry for three minutes. Add prepared sauce and stir-fry another two minutes, then remove wok from heat source. Using a spatula, transfer the stir-fry onto the center of the platter, covering the inner circle made of the mung bean sheets.