Connect me to:
New Year Dumplings
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|New Year Dumplings|
1/4 small head Chinese cabbage, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup minced pork
2 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 and a 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 and a 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/4 Tablespoon rice wine
1 and a 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
20 round dumpling skins
dipping sauce of dilute thin soy sauce (see step five below)
1. Place cabbage mixed excess water.
2. In a large bowl, mix cabbage with pork, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and ginger.
3. Dust baking sheet with cornstarch, place a teaspoon of the meat mixture in the middle of one dumpling wrapper. Wet the edges of the dough, fold it in half, then pinch edges between the thumb and forefinger, and place this on the baking sheet. Repeat until all dumplings are made.
4. Bring four cups water to the boil, add all the dumplings and boil them for five minutes, then remove them to a serving bowl.
5. Serve with a dipping sauce made with one-quarter cup thin soy sauce and one and a half tablespoons water.