Connect me to:
Jellyfish Head, Shrimp and Chicken
|Jellyfish Head, Shrimp and Chicken|
2 to 3 ounces jellyfish heads
3 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
3 ounces peeled shrimp, veins discarded, then cut in half top to bottom
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 egg white
2 cups vegetable oil
1 slice fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 scallion, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1. Soak the jellyfish heads overnight in two cups of cold water. Cover their dish and put it in the refrigerator. Change the water before going to bed, and do so again two hours before using them.
2. Blanch the jellyfish heads in boiling water for thirty seconds, then put them into ice water for three to five minutes until they are cold before draining them.
3. Mix chicken and shrimp with cornstarch and egg white, then separate them for cooking.
4. Heat a wok or a three-quart pan and add oil, When almost smoking, oil-blanch the chicken for two minutes, then remove and drain on paper towels, then oil-blanch the shrimp for one minute, and drain them the same way. Set oil aside for another purpose, but do not wash the wok or pot.
5. Reheat wok or pot, add minced ginger and scallions, and stir-fry for one minute, then add the chicken and the shrimp stir fry a half minute before adding the jellyfish, salt, sugar and rice wine. Mix well, transfer to a pre-heated bowl, and serve.