Connect me to:
Sesame Shredded Beef
|Sesame Shredded Beef|
10 ounces flank steak, cut into one and a half inch strips, chopstick size
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon plus 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil plus 4 extra cups for deep frying
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried hot pepper
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
3 ounces lettuce
6 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons rice wine
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1. Mix beef, salt, the teaspoon of soy sauce and two tablespoons of oil along with the cornstarch,. Stir well, and let marinate for five minutes.
2. Cut scallion into one and a half inch lengths and split the ends to make them decorative.
3. Prepare Sichuan peppercorns and dried hot peppers crushing them with a cleaver or in a grinder and set aside; then fry sesame seeds in a dry pan until fragrant and then set them aside separately.
4. Heat wok or fry pan and add dry-fry the peppercorns and dried hot peppers; frying them in a half teaspoon oil taken from the oil for deep-frying is OK, too.
5. Put the shredded lettuce on a plate, more on the edges than in the center.
6. Heat a wok, add the four cups of oil. Then drain the beef before deep frying it until all pieces separate, about one minute. Next, increase the heat and fry until they are crispy, then remove them from the oil and drain on paper towels. Mix this fried meat with two tablespoons of the soy sauce, the sugar, wine, and vinegar and let rest a minute or two before adding the peppercorn mix.
7. Put meat mixture on the shredded lettuce, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve.