Connect me to:
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces flank steak (or 4 ounces meat and 4 ounces tofu)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sherry
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Dash of sugar
1 scallion, chopped
6 slices ginger root, shredded
2 peppers, one red and one green
1. Cut the steak against the grain into one-quarter-inch pieces.
2. Remove seeds and pith from both peppers and cut into one-quarter-inch strips.
3. Mix steak, soy, sherry, cornstarch, sugar, scallions, and ginger. Let stand for twenty minutes.
1. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok until hot.
2. Add steak mixture and stir-fry one minute; remove and set aside.
3. Add peppers and three tablespoons water; cover and simmer one minute.
4. Add steak mixture, stir-fry for one minute more; then serve.
Note: If you use four ounces of steak and four ounces of tofu. Cut the tofu into one-quarter-inch strips. Cook the steak and the tofu together.