Connect me to:
Happy Face Balls II
Holiday and Celebration Foods
|Happy Face Balls II|
1 cup sugar, or less to taste
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup white sesame seeds for coating
2 cups vegetable oil
1. Sift first five ingredients.
2. Beat oil and egg and water and pour it over flour mixture and knead until dough is smooth. Divide dough into four portions.
3. Roll one portion and divide into six equal pieces, shaping each into a ball.
4. Dip ball into sesame seeds until coated and let stand ten minutes.
5. Heat oil to 325 degrees F. and deep fry eight balls at a time until they expand, develop cracks, and turn golden. Drain on paper towels and allow to cool. Serve when cool, or refrigerate of freeze to use at a later time.