Connect me to:
Buddha's Delight I
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Buddha's Delight I|
8 medium-size black mushrooms
1/4 cup cloud ear mushrooms
2 Tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
8 thin slices of fresh ginger, shredded
1 scallion, chopped
20 Golden Needles (dried day lily flowers)
1 cup, sliced half-inch thick, winter bamboo shoots
2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally into half-inch thick pieces
1 cup peeled baby carrots
1/2 pound Napa cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
2 ounces cellophane noodles
3 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 and 1/2 teaspoons sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 to 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
1. Rinse black mushrooms and soak in warm water until soft, about half an hour. Drain the mushrooms and save the mushroom water; then slice or shred them.
2. Soak the cloud ear fungus in hot water for fifteen to thirty minutes, then discard that water and rinse them thoroughly.
3. Soak cellophane noodles in hot water until soft, then cut them into three-inch lengths.
4 Soak the golden needles in cold water for fifteen to thirty minutes. Cut away any hard ends, then cut them in half. Discard their water.
5. Mix soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper with a cup of the black mushroom water and set this aside.
6. Heal oil in a wok or fry pan, then brown the ginger and scallions for half minute. Add the mushrooms and stir until fragrant, then add celery, carrot, bamboo soots, and the cabbage, and stir for two minutes.
7. Add the cloud ear fungi and the golden needles, and stir well. Then add the mushroom water and cook for five minutes. Add more water, if needed.
8. Add the noodles and mix well, then add the sesame oil, and serve.