Connect me to:
Mung Bean Boxed Treasure
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Mung Bean Boxed Treasure|
1 pound mung beans
1/2 teaspoon black vinegar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 Tablespoon corn oil
1 and 1/2 cups flour
3 ounces brown sugar
1/2 cup lard or butter
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tabelspoons corn oil (optional)
1. Soak mung beans overnight, then grind them with four or five cups of water. Next, drain them and put into a wok or a pot with the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and corn oil. Cook until all moisture evaporates.
2. Cream the flour, brown sugar, and the lard or butter. Add the egg and the milk, and knead until smooth on a well-floured board.
3. Roll the dough into a cigar-shaped piece and cut it into sixteen pieces.
4. Flatten each one and put a teaspoon of filling in the center and fold dough over to make a box-shaped dumpling.
5. Fry in a little corn oil or bake in a 400 degrre F. oven until golden, then serve.
Note: If baking them, brush a little oil on all sides of the box before putting them on a baking sheet.