Connect me to:
Squid with Kidneys
Fish and Seafood
|Squid with Kidneys|
1 large fresh or frozen squid, innards and head removed and discarded
1 pork kidney, cut in half and the veins removed
1/2 green pepper
2 Tablespoons corn oil
4 slices fresh garlic
1 scallion, white minced, green part cut in half-inch pieces
1 dried chili pepper, seeds and veins removed (use gloves to do this)
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
1. Cut squid into two inch pieces and score in cross-hatched pattern on the inner surface. Blanch in boiling water for one minute, then drain.
2. Cut each kidney half into four pieces and score in crosshatch manner on outer surface. Blanch in boiling water for half a minute, then drain.
3. Cut carrot and green pepper into thick slices, and crosshatch each or cut them into some type of design.
4. Heat oil, and fry garlic, white part of the scallion, and chili pepper for half a minute., then add carrot and pepper and stir-fry for one minute, then add both soy sauces and the rice wine and mix before adding the squid and kidney pieces. Stir-fry for one minute.
5. Stir in cornstarch water and green part of the scallion and stir until sauce thickens, about one minute, then serve.
Approximate nutrient analysis when serving four people. Each serving has 147 calories, 7 g carbohydrate, 10 g protein, 227 mg sodium, 3 total fat, 1 g saturated fat, and 63 mg cholesterol.