Connect me to:
Taiwanese Lettuce Cups
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
|Taiwanese Lettuce Cups|
1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided in half
1/4 cup cashew nuts
1/2 pound flank steak, coarsely minced
6 to 8 shrimp, peeled, veins discarded, and coarsely chopped
3 Tablespoons mixed minced parsley and minced coriander
1 egg white
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon mushroom soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sa cha sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons chicken soup stock
8 to ten iceberg lettuce cups, their edges trimmed neatly
1 ten-inch yao tai, a Chinese cruller, chopped coarsely
1. Heat the oil, stir-fry the cashew nuts until a light golden color, drain and set aside. Discard the oil.
2. Mix the steak, shrimp, and parsley mixture and set aside, and mix the egg white, oyster sauce, mushroom soy sauce, the sa cha sauce, and the chicken stock and set this aside separately.
3. Set out the lettuce cups dividing the chopped cruller into and among them.
4. Heat the other batch of oil and on high heat and add the beef mixture. Stir-fry this meat-shrimp-parsley mixture for one minute then add the sauce mixture. Stir-fry until almost all the liquid evaporates, about two minutes, then drain and put this mixture on the prepared lettuce cups.
5. Sprinkle the filled lettuce cups with the fried nuts, and serve.