Connect me to:
Spare Ribs with Hoisin Sauce
|Spare Ribs with Hoisin Sauce|
2 pounds spare ribs
8 slices of ginger root, shredded
2 scallion stalks
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 teaspoon soy sauce
4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
1. Line a 9 x 11 inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Cut spare ribs into three, four or five rib sections.
3. In a large bowl, combine ginger, scallions, sugar, five-spice powder, soy and hoisin sauce.
4. Dip spare rib sections in sauce mixture and arrange them in a single layer on
the cookie sheet. Cover them and put them in the refrigerator for twelve or more hours, and turn the spare ribs two or three times so the marinade is evenly redistributed.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Bake ribs for half hour then turn them over and bake another half hour.
3. Cut ribs into individual pieces and serve.
Note: This recipe can serve ten as appetizer, and six as main course