Connect me to:
Stewed Fruit and White Fungus
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Stewed Fruit and White Fungus|
1 ounce dried white fungus
2 pieces rock sugar
2 cups apple, Chinese apple-pear, longans and other fruits, as desired
1 small finger of a Buddha's hand, minced fine
2 Tablespoons peeled and sliced almonds
1. Soak the white fungus for one hour and then remove any hard pieces. Cut it into one-inch sections.
2. Bring two cups of water to the boil, add the white fungus, lower the heat and simmer for thirty minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
3. Put the sugar in a small bag and crush it with the back end of the cleaver until the chunks are very small.
4. Dice the fruits into one to two inch cubes and put them and all other ingredients into a heat-proof serving bowl. Mix them well.
5. Bring half cup of water to the boil and pour over the fruit mixture, then place it in a steamer and steam over boiling water for half an hour. Then serve.