Connect me to:
Fried Mixed Milks
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Fried Mixed Milks|
1 cup coconut milk
1 and 1/2 cups whole cows milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup and 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, separated
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites, beaten until stiff
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons water chestnut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup and 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, separated
3 Tablespoons minced fresh coriander
1. Put both milks, sugar, and the half-cup of cornstarch into a small pot. Cook stirring this on medium heat until thickened. Then refrigerate.
2. When cool, gently mix with the egg whites, pour into an ice cube tray, and allow to set in the refrigerator (not the freezer). When set, pop out the cubes and have them ready to dip in batter and deep-fry.
3. Sift the all-purpose four, two tablespoons of cornstarch, and baking powder. Add six tablespoons of cold water, and the tablespoon of vegetable oil, and mix well.
4. Heat the cup of vegetable oil in a deep pot. Then dip one-quarter of the milk cubes, one at a time, into the batter made in step 3. Drain and drop them into the hot oil, and stir them until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and put the fried cubes into a serving bowl. Continue frying until all are fried, drained and placed in the bowl.
5. Sprinkle with minced coriander, and serve.