Connect me to:
Bird's Nest Cups
|Bird's Nest Cups|
6 Tablespoons softened butter
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon dry bird's nest
2 Tablespoons crushed white rock sugar
3 egg whites
1 cup whole milk
5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Knead butter and powdered sugar until shiny, then add egg yolk and the flour and knead for three to four more minutes before covering this and refrigerating it for two hours.
2. Soak birdís nest covered in hot water for two hours, then use tweezers to pick out any non-bird's nest pieces and discard them.
3. Add half cup boiling water and the rock sugar and simmer on low heat for fifteen minutes.
4. Remove dough from the refrigerator and press flat, then roll it and cut into four-inch rounds one-quarter-inch thick. Put these into three-inch fluted tart forms.
5. Cook egg white, granulated sugar and milk until all sugar is dissolved, then cool for half hour before pouring this into the tart shells; do so gently holding a spoon just above the dough.
6. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for fifteen minutes, remove and cool for half an hour before putting the bird's nest on top of the baked filling. Serve warm or at room temperature.