Connect me to:
Spicy Beef with Noodles
|Spicy Beef with Noodles|
2 pounds round steak, sliced into thin strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 pound thin rice noodles
2 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided
1 small bunch green onions, thoroughly washed and finely chopped
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1. In a bowl, mix steak, soy and hoisin sauces, one-quarter cup water, lemon juice, sugar, and the chili flakes, then cover and refrigerate for three hours, stirring a number of times.
2. Drain steaks and set the marinade aside.
3. Cook noodles according to instructions on their package, then drain them. Stir in one tablespoon of sesame oil and set them aside.
4. Heat the remaining sesame oil in wok or large fry pan, add the steak and stir-fry steak until tender. Then remove to a bowl and set this aside.
5. Put onions and reserved marinade into the wok or fry pan and stir until hot, then add steak, noodles and sesame seeds and stir-fry for two minutes.