Connect me to:
Gui Hua Rice Wine
|Gui Hua Rice Wine|
2 cups sweet glutinous rice
1/2 teaspoon powdered brewer's yeast
1/4 cup fresh picked and dried overnight or dried sweet osmanthus flowers
1. Cook rice the usual way, but with slightly less water.
2. Cool the rice to about 95°F (35°C) and then put it into a large, clean glass or earthenware bowl.
3. Mix powdered yeast with the rice, add half cup previously boiled and cooled water, and poke a hole in the center of this mixture to allow for the wine to gather there.
4. Sprinkle a layer of osmanthus flowers evenly on the rice mixture.
5. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and wrap the bowl with a towel to keep it warm, placing the wrapped container in a warm spot.
6. After twenty-four to thirty-six hours check to see if there is liquid in the center hole. If so, it is finished.
7. Spoon out the liquid with the fermented rice and enjoy.
Note: Any unused material should be covered and refrigerated to prevent further fermentation.