Connect me to:
Safflowers, Tofu, Chives, and Vegetarian Sea Bass
Vegetables and Vegetarian Foods
|Safflowers, Tofu, Chives, and Vegetarian Sea Bass|
1 teaspoon to 1/2 cup safflower flowers
8 ounces vegetarian 'sea bass' steaks; six pieces
6 ounces silken tofu, cut into large cubes
2 ounces garlic chives, cut into one-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger juice
2 Tablespoons cooking wine
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
5 ounces jiu zao which is the residue of fermented sweet rice wine, optional
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Place flowers of safflower in a strainer and rinse with cold water, then soak them in a cup of warm water.
2. Blot liquid off mock fish steaks using paper towels.
3. In a flat fry pan, heat oil and pan-fry the mock fish filets until golden then turn over and fry until golden on the other side.
4. Season the filets with ginger juice, wine, and soy sauce. Then add the tofu, jiu zao, if using this ingredient, and the soaking liquid and safflowers, and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook covered for ten minutes.
5. Add garlic chives, re-cover the mixture and let rest for two to three minutes, before serving in a pre-heated deep dish.