Connect me to:
Hotch Potch Reunion Dinner Dish
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
|Hotch Potch Reunion Dinner Dish|
1/4 cup cooked chicken cut into half-inch pieces
1 chicken liver, cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup cooked pork, cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup cooked ham, cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup cooked sea cucumber, cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup cooked fish maw, cut into half-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
24 fresh shrimp, their shells and veins discarded, then each cut into four pieces
1/4 cup canned bamboo shoots, cut into half-inch pieces
1/4 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, each cut in half
10 medium-size soaked Chinese black mushrooms, each cap cut in four pieces
6 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup bok cai, its leaves separated
1/4 cup Shao xing or another Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons chicken fat or lard
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with one-quarter cup of cold water
1. Blanch pieces of chicken, chicken liver, pork, ham, sea cucumber, and fish maw separately, each in two or more cups of boiling water, then drain each of them and put them together in a bowl.
2. Heat wok or large fry pan, add oil, and stir-fry the shrimp, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and the shrimp for one minute, then remove them putting them into the bowl of already blanched ingredients. Leave any remaining oil in the pan.
3. Put the chicken stock in a large soup or stock pot, bring to the boil, reduce heat, then add the ingredients already set aside.
4. Reheat wok or fry pan and its remaining oil, add the bok cai and stir-fry it for one-half minute, then set this aside.
5. Heat wine, salt, lard or chicken fat, and the cornstarch mixture in a small pot until it starts to thicken, then add it to the soup pot and return that pot's contents to the boil and stir until thickened slightly before adding the bok cai. Then serve.