Connect me to:
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
1/2 packed cup coriander leaves
3 Tablespoons crushed brown slab sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup lotus seed paste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. In a medium-size pot, bring two cups water to the boil and add the coriander leaves. Reduce the heat to an active simmer and cook for half an hour before adding the crushed brown sugar.
2. Remove from the heat, add the cornstarch and flour and stir making a firm dough. If necessary, add another tablespoon or two of cornstarch.
3. Knead, then divide the dough into ten parts and partially mix it with the lotus seed paste.
4. Brush sesame oil in ten of the cupcake sections and press one batch into each of them.
5. Use the remaining sesame oil, brush a heat-proof platter, and then using a spatula turn them out one by one onto it. Steam over boiling water for five minutes. Serve.