Connect me to:
Braised Ox Tendon
|Braised Ox Tendon|
1/2 pound ox tendon
1/2 cup shelled peanuts, paper exteriors removed
1/4 cup peeled and diced carrots
2 Tablespoons angle-sliced leek, green part only
1 Tablespoon peeled and diced fresh ginger
6 shallots, peeled then cut in half
1 dried chili pepper, cut in half, seeds discarded
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
1 Tablespoon powdered chicken extract
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tablespoon black vinegar
1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon cold water
1. Blanch ox tendon for one minute in boiling water, drain, and cool, and repeat once more when cooled.
2. Put prepared peanuts, carrots, leeks, ginger, shallots, chili pepper in a small bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix Sichuan peppercorns chicken extract, sugar, vinegar, rice wine, sesame oil, and the soy sauce.
4. Heat vegetable oil then add tendon mixture and stir-fry for three minutes or until tendon is soft, then add the contents of the other bowl and simmer for five more minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Transfer to a platter, and serve.