Connect me to:
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
20 jumbo shrimp, peeled
1/2 cup small peeled shrimp, veins removed, then minced
1/2 cup minced crabmeat
1/4 cup minced belly pork
3 Tablespoons minced water chestnuts
1 Tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
1 scallion, minced
2 Tablespoons minced fresh coriander
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
3 Tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon granulated chicken bouillon powder
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup commercial bread crumbs
1/2 cup panko which are coarse Japanese bread crumbs
1 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons hot sauce mixed with two tablespoons of black vinegar
1. Slit the ten shrimp partway down the vein side of each, remove and discard the veins, put layer of plastic wrap on top and lightly pound to flatten them somewhat.
2. Gently mix the minced shrimp, crabmeat, belly pork, water chestnuts, ginger, scallion, and the coriander; then add the soy sauce, sesame oil, ground pepper, cornstarch, and the bouillon powder and spread this stuffing mixture on one side of the cut open shrimp, then top with the other side of the cut open shrimp.
3. Put eggs in one bowl, a mixture of bread crumbs and panko in another, and carefully put each stuffed shrimp into the beaten egg, then into the crumb mixture. Repeat once again into each mixture if they are not well covered, then set aside on a fresh sheet of plastic wrap to air dry for about three-quarters of an hour.
4. Heat oil in a medium-size pot, and deep-fry about five or six minutes until shrimp are cooked through and golden in color.
5. Serve with hot sauce dipping mixture on the side.