Connect me to:
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
6 fresh abalone or about one pound
1/2 pound chicken thigh meat on bone
1 small piece Jinhua ham or a ham bone
1 pork chop on the bone
6 chicken feet, nails chopped off
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pickled Tianjin cabbage
1/4 cup white rock sugar
1/4 cup oyster sauce
12 whole asparagus or 24 string beans
1/2 cup abalone sauce or XO sauce
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Rinse the abalone first with cold water, then with one quart of boiling water before putting it into a clay pot or casserole.
2. Put the chicken thigh in a strainer basket and pour one quart of boiling water over it and add it to the abalone. Do the same with the ham, pork chop, and chicken feet one at a time.
3. Add the minced pickled vegetable, rock sugar, and the oyster sauce and one cup of boiling water and braise covered for ninety minutes. Then remove them and set aside the cabbage, ham, pork chop, and chicken feet. Add the asparagus and simmer for three to five minutes, then remove and set them aside. Discard the minced vegetables and set aside to use in a soup. Put the abalone on the asparagus on a pre-heated serving platter.
4. Bring two cups water to the boil, add the cabbage and steam for three minutes, then remove it and put on the platter surrounding the abalone.
5. Mix the abalone or XO sauce with the cornstarch and bring to the boil stirring until thickened. Pour over the cabbage, abalone, and asparagus and serve.