Connect me to:
1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into paper-thin three- by one-inch slices
4 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 piece fresh ginger, cut into one-inch long by half-inch wide thin slices
4 scallions cut into one-inch pieces
8 small dishes with:
finely chopped fresh coriander
fermented bean curd
preserved chive flowers, cut into small pieces
1. Spread meat on individual plates.
2. Set out the side dishes in small bowls.
3. Half-fill with boiling water, a two-quart saucepan set on a hot plate on the diners’ table.
4. Add sesame oil, ginger, green onions and three tablespoons of the soy sauce and bring to boil.
5. Each diner sitting around the table should prepare their own sauces in small bowls from the small bowl side dishes.
6. Each person should pick up one lamb slice and cook it in the boiling water for less than a minute or until the meat turns pinkish-white. This cooked slice is then dipped into their own sauce or sauce mixture and eaten. Each person repeats this process eating as much lamb as they desire.