Connect me to:
Sour Carp with Noodles
Fish and Seafood
|Sour Carp with Noodles|
1 carp, about two pounds, scales, fins, and innards removed and discarded
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon coarse salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 Tablespoons broad bean sauce
1 Tablespoon thin soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup chicken or fish broth
1 Tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with one tablespoon cornstarch
1 scallion, minced
1. Rub the fish outside and in with the rice wine and the salt and let it rest for half an hour.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large pot and deep fry the fish for two minutes on one side and two minutes on the other and remove t paper towels. Set the oil aside.
3. Using one tablespoon of the oil, fry the garlic and ginger for half a minute until very aromatic, than add the broad bean sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and tomato paste, stir very well before adding the chicken or fish broth, and the sugar and stir once again.
4. Then slide the fish into the wok and reduce the heat and simmer covered for five minutes.
5. Remove fish to a pre-heated serving platter, bring remaining liquid to the boil, add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened, then pour over the fish. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.