Connect me to:
Braised Wintermelon and Tofu Fish Cake
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
|Braised Wintermelon and Tofu Fish Cake|
3 pounds winter melon
1 package (9 squares) tofu fish cake
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons shrimp roe, separated
3 cups chicken stock
1. Peel winter melon and cut it into thin slices.
2. Blanch tofu fish cakes for one minute, drain, and cut each one into four diamond shaped pieces.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or fry pan, and stir-fry winter melon pieces for two minutes, add salt and chicken stock and cover wok or fry pan and simmer for two minutes, until they are almost transparent, then remove from the heat for ten minutes.
4. Return to the heat, add tofu fish cake pieces and half the roe and boil until liquid reduced by half.
5. Remove to a serving bowl, put remaining roe on top, and serve.