Connect me to:
Eight Immmortals' Eggs
|Eight Immmortals' Eggs|
8 large eggs
1/4 pound minced pork
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine, divided inhalf
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce, divided in half
1 teaspoon salt, divided in half
3 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water
2 cups oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Simmer the eggs for ten minutes, then soak them in cold water to cool them. when cool gently roll them and then peel removing all the shell. Next, cut them in half and set yolks aside for another use.
2. Mix pork, rice wine, soy sauce, salt, and ginger and fill both halves where the yolks were. Brush a little cornstarch over the whites and the fillings and paste the eggs together matching correct halves together. Let them rest fifteen minutes.
3. Brush some cornstarch mixture over the egg exteriors and steam for five minutes over boiling water.
4. Heat oil in a small pot and deep-fry half the eggs until golden, then remove them to paper towels. Deep-fry the other half of them doing the same, and then put all the eggs on a deep platter.
5. Heat chicken broth with any remining cornstarch mixture, bring to the boil. and when thickened, pour over the eggs, and serve.