Connect me to:
Lotus Root Tea Sandwiches
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Lotus Root Tea Sandwiches|
2 sections lotus root, peeled and sliced six to the inch
2 Tablespoons Chinese white rice vinegar
1/2 cup boneless chicken breast meat, chopped
1/2 cup boneless chicken thigh meat, chopped
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon abalone sauce or another fish sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons ground black tea
2 Tablespoons lotus root flour
1 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons chicken stock
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Soak the lotus root slices in vinegar for half an hour, then drain and dry with paper towels.
2. Mix both chopped chicken meats with salt, sugar, fish sauce, the two teaspoons of cornstarch, the ground pepper, and the ground tea leaves.
3. Dust slices of lotus root with lotus root flour and press two tablespoons chicken mixture between two slices.
4. Heat vegetable oil, and fry the tea sandwiches two minutes per side or until light golden in color.
5. Make a dipping sauce bringing chicken stock, the single teaspoon of cornstarch, soy sauce, and sesame oil to the boil, stir for half a minute then put into a small bowl.
6. Serve lotus root tea sandwiches with the dipping sauce on the side.